Theme: Be the Leader
W.O.D: ace (adj, n, v)
“He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the ace.” – John Mason Brown
Fellow Toastmasters and guests, here’s our meeting summary on last Monday!
Our meeting starts off with our Acting President’s Welcoming Address by our Vice President Education Li Er. Our Vice President Membership, Kyle Young, ACB CL took control as the Toastmaster of the Evening. The first session of the meeting started off with the Table Topics® Session conducted by Si Bao. Our speakers, Abdurrahman, Sin Hong, Franck and Yi Xuan took up the challenge to answer the topics given!
After the break, the meeting proceed with Prepared Speeches. The speakers were:
- Yu Chin, Pathways Motivational Strategist Level 1 Project – Ice Breaker: Hello
- Kui Min (IP1), Pathways Innovative Planning Level 2 Project – Understand Your Leadership Style: Me
- Darryn, CC CL, Successful Club Series – Keeping the Commitment
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session by Soo Ling, DTM, from IREKA and DTM Toastmasters Club. The session comprised of the following role players:
- Sam Win, CC CL, for Table Topics® Speakers
- Abdurrahman (VC2), for Yu Chin
- Jeff, CC CL, for Kui Min
- John, ACB ALB, silent evaluation for Darryn
- Technical role players: Franck, Sin Hong and Kar Mei
After the Evaluation Session, the following winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics® Speaker: Abdurrahman
- Runner-Up for Table Topics® Speaker: Hean Ghee
- The Ice Breaker: Yu Chin
Right after the meeting, Kah Mun, CC CL, lead our Club’s General Election as one of the club’s business meeting to elect the executive committee for next term, 2018/2019. Kah Mun was assisted by our Immediate Past President, Tineesha, CL and Sam Win, CC CL.
The results of the club election are as follow:
- President-elect: Ng Jun Bin
- Vice President Education-elect: Muhammad Abdurrahman
- Vice President Membership-elect: Tan Sin Hong
- Vice President Public Relations-elect: Low Kyle Young
- Secretary-elect: Ahmad Ridhwan
- Treasurer-elect: Khor Si Bao
- Sergeant-at-Arms-elect: Chua Li Er
Once the election was over, the president-elect Jeff took control and gave his appreciation speech to all fellow Toastmasters members and guests before adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank the following people for helping and supporting us:
- Soo Ling, DTM, past Division W Director from IREKA and DTM Toastmasters Club
- Aggie, from Phoenix Toastmasters Club
- John Ng, ACB ALB, from HELP Toastmasters Club
Once again, thank you so much. Stay tuned for our next post!
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~