Theme: Get Ready to be Fooled
W.O.D: blithe (adj)
“For in the theoretical field bourgeois economics no
longer engages in blithe and joyous fights.” – Rudolf Hilferding
Hey everyone, our meeting summary on last Monday, 9th April is up!
Our meeting starts off with by our President’s opening speech Kah Mun, CC CL. Suzane Lam, CC, from Air Products Toastmasters Club splendidly took control as Toastmaster of the Evening. We first began with the Prepared Speech session, according to the following lineups:
- Darryn, CC CL – Advance Manual Humorously Speaking #3: Make Them Laugh – Contestant Number One
- Shawn, PM1 CC CL – Pathways Effective Coaching Level 1: Researching and Presenting – Snails or Brains
- Kah Mun, CC CL – Pathways Effective Coaching Level 1: Researching and Presenting – Love Encompasses All???
- Sam Win, CC CL – Advance Manual Speaking to Inform #1: The Speech to Inform – Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
After a short break, the meeting went on with the Table Topics® session conducted by Si Bao, giving questions with a twist. Our speakers, Abdurrahman, Ridhwan, Jeff and Franck took up the courage to take the challenge!
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led by Sook Hwa, MC1 ACB ALB, President of IJM Toastmasters Club! The session started of with speech evaluations, technical role players’ report, and the report on overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Ehsan, EC5 CC CL for Table Topics® speakers
- Yee Chia, ACB ALB for Darryn
- Abdurrahman, VC1 for Shawn
- Clarence, for Kah Mun
- Kar Mei, CC for Sam Win
- Hon Choon, CC, Sin Hong and Kui Min, IP1 for technical role players
- Sook Hwa for General Evaluator’s report
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced by Toastmaster of the Evening, Suzane:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Ridhwan
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Sam Win
- Best Evaluator: Clarence and Abdurrahman
Congratulations to all the winners! Also, we would like to thank Sook Hwa for taking up the role as the General Evaluator! Also, we want to congratulate Rahman, Ridhwan, Kui Min and Jeff for completing Toastmasters Pathways Education Programme at Level 1!
Lastly, our UMTMC President Kah Mun gave his closing address by sharing his take home message before adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our role players from other clubs, Sook Hwa (IJM Toastmasters Club), Yee Chia (Institute of Engineering Malaysia, IEM Toastmasters Club), Ehsan (Toastmasters International of Kuala Lumpur, TMIKL), Clarence (Bangsar Toastmasters Club) and Suzane (Air Products Toastmasters Club). Also, we would like to thank everyone who supported the meeting as well! Thanks and stay tuned for our 11th anniversary celebration next Monday!
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~