Theme: Eternal and Infernal
W.O.D: void (n/adj)
“We become aware of the void as we fill it.” – Antonio Porchia
Hey peeps, our meeting summary’s here!
Our meeting starts off with by our President’s opening speech Kah Mun, CC CL. Aerina, CC CL, our guest from Monash Toastmasters Club took control as Toastmaster of the Evening.
The meeting went on with the Table Topics session conducted by Sin Hong, focusing on the meeting’s theme. Four speakers took up the challenge to answer the in-promptu questions. Dr. Devi, DTM, gave her feedback right after the Table Topics Session!
After a short break, we proceed to the Prepared Speech session, with the following lineups:
- Franck – Pathways Presentation Mastery Level 1: Ice Breaker – The Story of the Fake Intern
- Shawn, CC CL – Pathways Effective Coaching Level 1: Ice Breaker – How Life Could Have Been
- Ridhwan, TC1 – Pathways Team Collaboration Level 1: Researching and Presenting – Hungry Ghost Festival
- Jeff, CC CL – The Successful Club Series Presentation – Going Beyond the Club
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led Cyril Jonas, DTM, immediate past Division P Director from TMIKL! The session started of with prepared speech evaluations, technical role players’ report, and the report on overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Keny, CC CL for Franck
- Si Bao for Shawn
- Hon Choon, CC for Ridhwan
- Sam Win, CC CL for Jeff (silent evaluation)
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced by Aerina, Toastmaster of the Evening:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Sam
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Shawn
- Best Evaluator: Keny
Congratulations to all the winners! Also, we would like to thank Cyril for taking up the role as the General Evaluator! Also, we want to congratulate Franck for breaking the ice!
Our President, Kah Mun gave his closing address by sharing his take home message before adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our role players from other Toastmasters clubs, especially to Keny (Friendship Toastmasters Club), Eddie (Air Products Toastmasters Club and DTM Toastmasters Club), Dr. Devi (Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club and Saimasters Toastmasters Club) and Cyril (Toastmasters International of Kuala Lumpur). We would like to thank our members who supported the meeting as well. Thanks and be seeing you on April!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~