Theme: Keep Calm and …
W.O.D: Family Feud (phrase)
“The thing that I loved about ‘Feud’, we froze a moment in time for these families that had never occurred before. That’s magic.” – Richard Dawson
Hey everyone, this was our meeting summary on 12th February!
Our meeting starts off with Acting President’s opening speech by Li Er, Vice President Education of the club. Jeff, CC took control as the Toastmaster of the Evening and conduct Toastmasters trivial games for everyone to kick start the meeting!
The meeting went on with the Table Topics session conducted by Ahmad Ridhwan, with thought-provoking questions! Three speakers volunteered to take up the challenge.
After a short break, we proceed to the Prepared Speech session, with the following lineups:
- Abdurrahman, VC1 – Pathways Visual Communication Level 2: Understanding Leadership Style – The Alpha Lobster
- Zhu San – CC #7: Research Your Topic – Cruelty of Test
- Mike Teng, ACG – Presentation Mastery Level 2: Effective Body Language – Forever Young
- Kumanan, CC CL – Advance Manual The Professional Speaker #1: The Keynote Address – The Next Big Thing: is something very small
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led Samuel, ACB, from Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) Toastmasters Club! The evaluation session comprised of Table Topics evaluation, prepared speech evaluations, technical role players’ report, and the report on overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Kim, CC, for Table Topics Speakers: Abdurrahman, Jo Ping and Franck
- Clarence, for Abdurrahman
- Dave, CC, for Zhu San
- Dr. Devi, DTM, for Mike Teng
- Jeremy, ACS ALB, for Kumanan
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced:
- Best Speaker: Abdurrahman, VC1
Congratulations to the winner! Also, we would like to thank Samuel for sparing his time to visit us!
Our Vice President Education, Li Er gave her closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us before adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Jeremy Teo, ACS ALB, Area P1 Director, from Toastmasters International of Kuala Lumpur (TMIKL)!
- Clarence, from Bangsar Toastmasters Club!
- Zhu San, from D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club!
- Mike Teng, ACG, from Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) Toastmasters Club!
- Jo Ping, from HELP University Toastmasters Club!
- Kim, CC, Vice President Education of TARC Toastmasters Club!
- Dave, CC, from TARC Toastmasters Club!
- Dr Devi, DTM, who keep supporting UMTMC, from Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club and Sai Masters Toastmasters Club!
- Samuel, ACB, our General Evaluator and member of MIA Toastmasters Club!
From UMTMC, we would like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Keep supporting us and be seeing you on 26th February!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~