Theme: Keep Calm and …
W.O.D: homecoming (n)
“Poetry is a sort of homecoming.” – Paul Celan
Yo peeps! We’re back and we’re here to summarise what had happened during our meeting on 5th February!
Our meeting starts off with Acting President’s opening speech by Jeff, CC, reminding us to keep calm and keep supporting as part of Toastmasters fraternity. Kar Mei, CC took control of the meeting as the Toastmaster of the Evening and conduct the game of Family Feud with the rest of the meeting!
The meeting went on with the Table Topics session conducted by Kumanan, CC CL, with a surprise twist! Five speakers volunteered to speak up and take the challenge. Dr. Devi, DTM from Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club and Sai Mastery Toastmasters Club gave her evaluation right after the speakers had finished presenting their thoughts.
Then, we proceed to our next session: Prepared Speech, with lineups for were as follows:
- Jeff, CC – Pathways Dynamic Leadership Level 1, P2: Evaluation and Feedback 2nd Speech – Leadership and Obsession in Gaming: A Personal Perspective
- Ahmad Ridhwan – Pathways Team Collaboration Level 1, P3: Research and Presenting – Depression
- Darryn Chiew, CC CL – Advance Manual: Humorously Speaking #1 – A Careless Mistake
- Fatima, ACG ALB – High Performance Leadership – Mentorship
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led Jian Hao, ACB CL, also our University of Malaya alumni, former UMTMC member and current President of Great Eastern Toastmasters Club! The evaluation session continues with the prepared speech evaluations and technical role players’ report, before wrapping up with the report on the overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Zhou Lee, CC, for Jeff
- Sook Hwa, ACB ALB, for Ridhwan
- Hon Choon, CC, for Darryn
- Jing Yi, DTM, silent evaluation for Fatima
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Ehsan, CC
- Best Evaluator: Sook Hwa, ACB ALB
Congratulations to all the winners!
Our Vice President Public Relations, Jeff gave his closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us before adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Jian Hao, ACB CL, President of Great Eastern Toastmaster Club, also our former UMTMC member!
- Zhou Lee, President and Vice President Education of Harriot-Watt Toastmasters Club!
- Ehsan, CC, Vice President Education of Toastmasters International of Kuala Lumpur (TMIKL) Toastmasters Club!
- John, President of HELP University Toastmasters Club!
- Jo Ping, from HELP University Toastmasters Club!
- Sook Hwa, ACB ALB, from IJM Toastmasters Club!
- Jing Yi, DTM, from Pesona Toastmasters Club, also our former member and very first Distinguished Toastmaster of UMTMC!
- Dr Devi, DTM, who keep supporting UMTMC, from Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club and Sai Mastery Toastmasters Club!
Last but not least, we like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Keep supporting us and be seeing you next Monday!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityofMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~