Theme: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
W.O.D: stupendous (adj)
“All are but parts of one stupendous whole,
Whose body Nature is, and God the soul.” – Alexander Pope
Here’s what happened during our meeting on 4th December!
As usual, our meeting starts off with President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC. Joan, from UTAR Toastmasters Club took control of the meeting as the Toastmaster of the Evening! The meeting went on with the contest-style Table Topics session by five speakers to prepare them for the International Speech and Table Topics Contest on the following Monday! The winner was announced as Kumanan, CC CL, right after the refreshments.
Then, we proceed to our next session: Prepared Speech Session, with speech lineups for were as follows:
- Jeff, CC – Pathways Dynamic Leadership #2: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 1 – What If [Insert Game/Anime Here] Toastmasters Club Exists?
- Hon Choon – CC #10: Inspire the Audience – What Do You Need For Employment – A Personal Perspective
- Sara, ACS ALB – Advance Manual: Special Occasion Speech #3: The Roast – Blessing In Disguise
- Kah Mun, CC – Advance Manual: Special Occasion Speech #3: The Roast – The B-Boy Dancer
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led by Jing Yi, DTM, our very own University of Malaya alumni, former UMTMC member and also a member of Pesona Toastmasters Club! The evaluation started off with the Table Topics evaluation, prepared speech evaluations, technical role players’ report, and the report on the overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Teng Hui, for the Table Topics Evaluation
- Hong Chun, for Jeff
- Sharon, CC, for Hon Choon
- Sam Win, CC, Sara
- Sarah, DTM, for Kah Mun
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced:
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Sara, ACS ALB
- Best Evaluator: Sarah, DTM
Congratulations to all the winners!
Our president Kah Mun gave a token of appreciation to our General Evaluator, Jing Yi, DTM as well as to Hon Choon who officially finished his Competent Communication Manual. Kah Mun gave his closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us and gave us his take-home learnings before he adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Aggie, and Sarah, DTM, members of OUM Toastmaster Club!
- Liew Hong Chun, member of One World Toastmasters Club!
- Aida Ang, Area B5 Director, from Crystal Toastmasters Club!
- Ehsan, CC, Vice President Education of Toastmasters International of Kuala Lumpur (TMIKL) Toastmasters Club!
- Jo Ping, from HELP University Toastmasters Club!
- Sharon Foo, CC, from D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club!
- Joan, Vice President Education, and Teng Hui, member of UTAR Toastmasters Club!
- Jing Yi, DTM, from Pesona Toastmasters Club, also our former member and very first Distinguished Toastmaster of UMTMC!
Last but not least, we like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Keep supporting us and be seeing you on our ISTT contest next Monday!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityofMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~