Theme: Be like Bill
W.O.D: fanatical (adj)
“Good habits are worth being fanatical about. – John Irving”
Here’s the review for the meeting on 27th November!
The meeting starts off with President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC. John Ng, CC ALB, from HELP University Toastmasters Club took control of the meeting as the Toastmaster of the Evening! The meeting went on with the challenging Table Topics session by six speakers and the Prepared Speech session by another four speakers. The Table Topics Session was lead by Jeff Ng, CC!
Our speech lineups for the Prepared Speech Session were as follows:
- Dr. Ho – CC#3: Get to the Point – Ho’oponopono
- Hean Ghee – Pathways Innovative Planning #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 2 – The Best Thing in Life is Free
- Sam Win, CC – Advance Manual: The Entertaining Speaker #5: Speaking After Dinner – The Experience Worth Sharing a Lifetime
- Sara, ACS ALB – Advance Manual: Special Occasion Speech #2: Speaking In Praise – The Leader Who Leads to Freedom
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led by Sim Bock San, CC, an experienced Toastmaster from Subang Toastmasters Club! The evaluation started off with the Table Topics evaluation, prepared speech evaluations, technical role players’ report, and the report on the overall meeting conduct.
For the Evaluation Session, the lineup was as follow:
- Kyle, ACB CL, for the Table Topics Evaluation
- Abdurrahman, for Dr. Ho
- Kar Mei, CC, for Hean Ghee
- Mei Choon, CC, for Sam Win
- Ehsan, CC, for Sara
After the Evaluation Session, the winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics Speakers: Ehsan, CC
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Sam Win, CC
- Best Evaluator: Kah Mei, CC
Congratulations to all the winners!
Our president Kah Mun also gave a token of appreciation to our General Evaluator, Sim Bock San and gave his closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us and gave us his take-home learnings before he adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Seki Ng, our Area W3 Director, from Sunway and DTM Toastmaster Club!
- John Ng, CC ALB, President of HELP University Toastmasters Club!
- Aida Ang, Area B5 Director, from Crystal Toastmasters Club!
- Ehsan, CC, Vice President Education of TMIKL Toastmasters Club!
- Mei Choon, CC, accomplished District 102 HSE Champion, from School of Hard Knocks (SOHK) Toastmasters Club!
- Sim Bock San, CC, accomplished District 102 ISTT Champion, from Subang Toastmasters Club!
Last but not least, we like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Keep support us and be seeing you on our next meeting!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityofMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~