Theme: Rise to the Occasion
W.O.D: jubilation (n)
“I think every discovery of the world plunges us into jubilation, a radical amazement that tears apart the veil of triviality. – Judy Cannato”
Here’s the review for the meeting on 13th November!
The meeting starts off with President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC, followed by our brave Toastmaster of the Evening, Li Er, with the warming up session a.k.a. the Round Robin. The meeting went on with the usual Table Topics session and the Prepared Speech session.
Our speech lineups for the Prepared Speech Session were as follows:
1. Si Bao – Pathways Presentation Mastery #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 2 – Stroke
2. Hon Choon – CC#9: Persuade with Power – We Can Make A Difference 😉
3. Kah Mun, CC – Pathways Effective Coaching #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 2 – The Deaf Musician
4. Edwin – Pathways Presentation Mastery #1: Ice Breaker – Life & Dream
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led by Yap Mei Sei, ACB CL, Area W5 Director from MAICSA Toastmasters Club! The evaluation started off with prepared speech evaluations, followed by the Table Topics evaluation, technical role players’ report, and her report on the overall meeting conduct.
After the Evaluation Session, the winners for today’s meeting were announced:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Si Bao
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Kah Mun, CC
- Best Evaluator: Aida Ang, CC CL
Congratulations to all the winners!
Also, our president Kah Mun also gave a token of appreciation to our General Evaluator, Mei Sei. Edwin was also given a token of appreciation for giving his first ever speech in Toastmasters!
Finally, Kah Mun gave the closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us and gave us his take-home learnings before he adjourned the meeting.
From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Yap Mei Sei, ACB CL, Area W5 Director from MAICSA Toastmasters Club!
- Aida Ang, CC CL, Area B5 Director, from Crystal Toastmasters Club!
- Eddie Lai, ACB ALB, Division J Public Relations Manager from Air Products Toastmasters Club!
- Ehsan, CC, Vice President Education of TMIKL!
- Dorcas Aung, ACS ALB, former Area W3 Director from IREKA Toastmasters Club!
Last but not least, we like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Keep support us and be seeing you on our next meeting!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversityofMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~