Theme: Rise to the Occasion
W.O.D: enterprising (adj)
“The method of the enterprising is to plan with audacity and execute with vigor.
– Christian Nestell Bovee”
Here’s the review for the meeting on 6th November!
The meeting starts off with President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC. The meeting went on with our Toastmaster of the Evening, Darryn, asking members to introduce another member on their right. Our meeting agenda started off differently this time, starting off with Prepared Speech Session, followed by the Table Topics session and Successful Club Series.
Our speech lineups for the Prepared Speech Session were as follows:
- Si Bao – Pathways Presentation Mastery #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 1 – About Me
- Ahmad Ridhwan – Pathways Team Collaboration #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 2 – Breaking Barriers
- Sin Hong – Pathways Presentation Mastery #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 1 – Just Breathe
- Kui Min – Pathways Innovative Planning #1: Evaluation and Feedback Speech 1 – Medium
After the Prepared Speech Session, we had the Table Topics Session, led by our new Toastmasters member, Edwin. Five speakers came out to attempt the topic given by him. The session was followed by the Club Successful Series – Evaluate to Motivate conducted by Kah Mun.
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session, led by Sharon Foo, CC, the Vice President Public Relations of D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club! The evaluation started off with prepared speech evaluation followed by the technical role players’ report, and her report on the overall meeting conduct.
After the Evaluation Session, the winners for today’s meeting were announced:
- Best Project Speech Speaker: Kui Min
- Best Table Topics: Abdurrahman
- Best Evaluator: Kang Fong Luan
Congratulations to the winners!
Also, our president Kah Mun also gave a token of appreciation to our General Evaluator, Sharon. Three new members, Kui Min, Aaron and Edwin were also inducted as well!
Finally, Kah Mun gave the closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us and gave us his take-home learnings before he adjourned the meeting.
That’s all for the review! From us UMTMC, we would like to thank our guests and role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Sharon Foo, CC from D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club!
- Yew Choong, ACB, from D’Utama Toasttmasters Club!
- Kang Fong Luan, CC CL, from My Puchong Toastmasters Club!
- Rashid, from OUM Toastmasters Club!
Last but not least, we like to thank our members who were attending the meeting as well. Do support us and we see you on the 13th!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversitiMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~