Theme: Down Memory Lane
W.O.D: eternity (n)
“Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
But you are eternity and you are the mirror.”
― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
Fellow Toastmasters and guests!
Here’s the review of the previous meeting, 9th October! The meeting starts off with President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC. The session went on with the energetic Toastmaster of the Evening, Kar Mei, CC, taking charge of the meeting!
Our first session of the meeting began with the contest-styled Table Topics session, led by Kah Mun. Five brave individuals came out on stage and tackle the questions given by him.
After the refreshments, we proceed to the Prepared Speech session. Our speech lineups were as follow:
- Abdul Rahman – Pathways Visionary Communication #1: Ice Breaker – The Trash Connoisseur
- Ahmad Ridhwan – Pathways Team Collaboration #1: Ice Breaker – Comfort Zone, The Silent Killer
- Hean Ghee – Pathways Innovative Planning #1: Evaluation and Feedback #1 – What Would You Do?
- Rashid – CC #6: Vocal Variety – Murder of Jean Perrara
Next, we had the Evaluation session, led by the President of Deloitte Toastmasters Club, Chip, CC CL! The evaluation session was fruitful as we received feedbacks from evaluators and technical role players.
Last but not least, the winners for today’s meeting were announced:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Chee Ken
- Best Project Speech Speakers: Rashid, TM (OUM TMC)
- Best Evaluators: Darryn, TM and Hon Choon, TM
Congratulations to all of them!
Our president Kah Mun gave tokens of appreciation to three new Toastmasters members: Hean Ghee, Ahmad Ridhwan and Abdul Rahman for attempting their Ice Breaker speech. Finally, Kah Mun gave the closing address by thanking everyone who gave their support to us and gave us a take-home message before he adjourned the meeting.
That’s all folks! From UMTMC, we would like to thank all the guests who came for our meeting on 9th October 2017 as well as role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Rashid from OUM Toastmasters Club!
- Edwin, the current Area J5 Director from Air Products Toastmasters Club!
- Chip Tsai, our General Evaluator for this meeting, also President of Deloitte Malaysia Toastmasters Club!
Last but not least, congratulations to Kar Mei and Sara for winning the Area W3 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests held on last Saturday. Good luck for the Division W Contest! Also, thank you to our members who were attending the meeting as well. Do keep supporting us!
Thanks so much and we see you next Monday, 16th October!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversitiMalaya
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders are Made ~