Theme: Down Memory Lane
W.O.D: reminisce (verb)
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly. – Demetri Martin
Hey Toastmasters and guests!
Here’s the summary of the previous meeting! On 2nd October, the meeting starts off with our President’s opening speech by Kah Mun, CC, reminiscing about our past.
Shawn, CC, took up the role as the Toastmaster of the Evening for the meeting. A job well done by conducting and ensuring the meeting went on smoothly. All the role players were introduced as well.
Our first session of the meeting began with the Table Topics session. The session was once again led by Jeck Kie, with questions tied back into our theme of the meeting. Four brave individuals came out on stage and tackle the questions given by him.
After the refreshments, we proceed to the next session: Prepared Speeches. Our speech lineup were unique as the speakers attempting different manuals and different educational systems. Our lineups were as follow:
- Hean Ghee – Pathways Innovative Planning #1: Ice Breaker – Do It or Never
- Li Er – CC #5: Your Body Speaks – Effective Communication
- Hon Choon – CC #8: Get Comfortable with Visual Aids – Coloured Brain Communcation
- Kyle, ACB CL – Advance Speech Manual: Entertaining Speech #3 – You’re Kidding Me
Next, we had the evaluation session, led by the former Division W Director all the way from IREKA Toastmasters Club, Soo Ling, DTM.
The evaluation session was fruitful as we received constructive feedbacks from evaluators and technical role players as well.
Another round of the Toastmasters New Member Induction was carried out by our President, Kah Mun. Inducted new members are Toastmasters Ahmad Ridhwan, Rahman, Sin Hong and Yun Hui!
Last but not least, the winners were then announced:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Kumanan, CC CL
- Best Project Speech Speakers: Li Er, TM & Hon Choon, TM
- Best Evaluator: Darryn, TM
Congratulations to all of them!
Our president Kah Mun gave the closing address and thanks everyone who gave their support to us. He also gave us a take-home message before he adjourned the meeting.
That’s all folks! Here from us UMTMC, we would like to thank all the guests who came for our meeting on 2nd October 2017 as well as role players from other Toastmasters clubs, notably:
- Agnes Chan, the Vice President Education of PJ Toastmasters Club for bringing her friend to club at our place as well!
- May Ong, former Area H2 Director from OUM Toastmasters Club for supporting us!
- Soo Ling, our former Division W Director from IREKA Toastmasters Club for taking time to be our General Evaluator of the meeting!
Also, we would like to thank our members, Shawn (thanks for extra refreshments today!), Jeck Kie, Kumanan, Kyle, Sara and Fatima for supporting us as well! Also congratulations to our new members who were inducted last Monday!
Thanks so much and we see you next Monday, 9th October for the next regular meeting!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversitiMalaya
~ Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made ~