Theme: Rise Together
W.O.D: ardent (adjective)
I could never see a book written in a foreign language without the most ardent desire to read it ~ Bayard Taylor
Woohoo, we meet again after a long semester break!
Yesterday, our meeting began we a blast (and lots of guests)! The meeting starts off with our newly elected President, Kah Mun, CC giving his opening address for the first time in this term.
Toastmaster of the Evening, Shawn, CC, had his job well done by sharing the history of Toastmasters International and introducing the role players of the day.
Then, our first session of the meeting began with the Table Topics session. The session was led by non other than our Treasurer, Kah Mei, CC. Four brave individuals (Johan, Awab, Ehsan and Ahmad) came out on stage and tackle the questions given by her.
Soon, we proceed to our second session of the meeting: Prepared Speeches. We had four dedicated speakers:
- Li Er – CC #4: How to Say It – One Third of Our Time Spent
- Darryn – CC #7: Research Your Topic – A “Winning” Speech
- Fatima, ACS ALB – Advance Speech Manual: Special Occasion Speeches #4 – The Humble Leader
- Johan, ACB CL – Advance Speech Manual: Storytelling #1 – The Matchstick Girl
Next, we had the evaluation session, led by our current Area W3 Director, Seki, ACB ALB.
Moreover, we also received many feedback from various guests and Toastmasters from other clubs as well. After all the evaluators and technical role players presented their feedbacks and reports, the winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics Speaker: Ehsan, CC
- Best Project Speech Speaker: Darryn, TM
- Best Evaluator: Sara, ACS ALB
Congratulations to all of them!
Last but not least, our president Kah Mun gave the closing address and received feedback from many. He thanked everyone who made this meeting a successful one before he adjourned the meeting.
That’s all folks! Here from us UMTMC, we would like to thank all the guests who came for our meeting on 11th September 2017 as well as Toastmasters from other clubs, notably:
- May Ong, former Area H2 Director of District 102, all the way from Open University Malaysia Toastmasters Club
- Johan, Immediate Past President of Kota Kinabalu Toastmasters Club
- Zhu San from D’Utama Toastmasters Club
- Ehsan from TMIKL Toastmasters Club
- Dorcas, our former Area W3 Director, from IREKA Toastmasters Club
- Seki, our current Area W3 Director, from both DTM and Sunway Toastmasters Club
Also, we would like to thank our own members, Kyle, Shawn, Sara, Fatima, Ghaith, Dr. Ho, Hon Choon and Kumanan for supporting us as well! See you on our Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contest on next Monday, 18th September and also our next regular meeting on 25th September 2017!
#UMTMC #Toastmasters #UniversitiMalaya
~ Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made ~