Theme: Health is Wealth
W.O.D: Sustenance (v)
“Happiness is good health and a bad memory” – Ingrid Bergman
Fellow Toastmasters and guests, here’s our meeting summary on last Monday!
It is health that is true wealth, not pieces of gold and silver! This meeting on health awareness was ushered with our Presidential welcoming address from our President Jeff. Our ever-ready Mister Toastmaster of the Evening, Shawn, was in control of the stage and moved the meeting forward with an informative Powerpoint slide on the value of healthcare. The audience was astounded by the true cost of maintaining one’s life; some even underestimated their own life’s value!
The first session of the meeting started off with an engaging Table Topics® Session conducted by Sin Hong. Our speakers, Yi Xuan, guest Salem, Abdurrahman, and Jeff gladly took up the topics!
After the break, the meeting proceeded with Prepared Speeches. The speakers were:
- Yi Xuan, EC1, Effective Coaching lvl 2: Understanding your leadership style
Speech: The Power of Vision
- Abdurrahman, VC2, Visionary Communication lvl1: Develop a Communication Style
Speech: Education Success Plan 2018/2019
- Kah Mun, CC ALB Advanced Interpersonal Communication #2: The Successful Negotiator
Speech: I Want Something From You
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session by General Evaluator Roshan, TM all the way from Persona Toastmasters Club. The session comprised of the following role players:
- Sharvin, TM, for Table Topics® Speakers
- Kui Min, IP1, for Yi Xuan
- Kyle Young,ACB CL, for Abdurrahman
- Sam Win, CC CL, for Kah Mun
- Technical role players: Darryn CC ALB, as Grammarian, Yu Chin TM, as Ah Counter and Ah Huei TM, as Time Keeper
After the Evaluation Session, the following winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics® Speaker: Jeff
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Yi Xuan
- Best Evaluator: Sam Win
Right after the meeting, Jeff, the president gave his closing speech and adjourned the meeting. From us UMTMC, we would like to thank the following person for the great help and support given provided:
- Roshan, TM from Persona Toastmasters Club
Once again, thank you so much for connecting with us. Love you!
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~