Theme: New Beginnings
“When we dream alone it is only a dream, but when many dream together it is the beginning of a new reality.” – Friedensreich Hundertwasser
Fellow Toastmasters and guests, here’s our meeting summary on last Monday!
Our meeting started off with the installation of our newly-minted exco for the upcoming term of 2018-2019.
Then the meeting moved on with the President Welcoming Address by our President, Jeff, on the topic of the dawn of a new government and era. Our bubbly Toastmaster of the Evening, Kui Min, took control and conducted the meeting. The first session of the meeting started off with the Table Topics® Session conducted by Kah Mun. Our speakers, Si Bao, Guest Seki, Ridhwan, and Sam Win took up the challenge to answer the topics given!
After the break, the meeting proceeded with Prepared Speeches. The speakers were:
- Chin, TM, Pathways #1 – Ice Breaker, Title: Happy Mother’s Day
- Jeff Ng, CC, CL, Pathways Dynamic Leadership #2- Understanding Leadership Style Title: Hope
- Darryn, CC,CL, Advanced Communication Manual- Humorous Speaking #4, Title: Competent Communicators
The meeting continued with the Evaluation Session by Kit, TM, from Speecom Toastmasters Club. The session comprised of the following role players:
- Jeff, CC CL (DL1), for Table Topics® Speakers
- Si Bao, TM, for Chin
- Kim, CC, for Jeff Ng
- Kah Mun, CC CL, for Darryn
- Technical role players: Ridhwan, Sam, and Kar Mei
After the Evaluation Session, the following winners were announced:
- Best Table Topics® Speaker: Seki Ng
- Best Prepared Speech Speaker: Darryn
- Best Evaluator: Kah Mun
Unknown to our president, the exco surprised him with the esteemed ‘Outstanding Member’ award for his dedication and sacrifice to the club. By the way, great toast by Sam too!
Right after the meeting, a flabbergasted Jeff gave a touching closing speech and passed control to the Immediate-past-president Kah Mun to conduct UMTMC’s annual general meeting (AGM).
Much was discussed about the performance of the team and how we should move forward as an organisation.
Once again, thank you so much for a great term guys. Here is to creating more new beginnings in the coming term!
~ Toastmasters International: Where Leaders Are Made ~